Wyndham, We’re In This Together
We’re stronger when we’re together.
In these challenging and uncertain times, it’s inspiring to see the Wyndham community rally together to help one another, with acts of kindness, moments of joy and support for our local businesses.
By staying home and following social distancing and health advice we are also saving lives, in protecting ourselves and our community.
We’d love to see your stories of kindness, joy and support for our local businesses and for one another on social media via #WyndhamTogether.
You can also find new ways to connect at www.wyndhamtogether.com.au with free online events, classes and activity ideas to enjoy at home.
By staying at home we’re saving lives.
- If you can stay home, you must stay home. There are only four reasons to leave our homes: food and supplies, medical care and care giving, exercise, and work or education.
- Practise good hygiene
- Practice social distancing rules and follow limits for public gatherings
- Stay informed and follow the latest health advice.
A little kindness can go a long way!
- Check in with older relatives or vulnerable people to make sure they’re ok and have supplies.
- Bring a little joy to your street. Kids around the world have been making drawings of rainbows to put up in their windows, or chalk drawings in their driveways to spread a little joy!
- Share local acts of kindness on social media using #WyndhamTogether
- Be kind to yourself – try to find a routine, with regular mealtimes, bedtimes and exercising and take time to do things you love.
- Share how you feel and seek support.
- It’s still ok to smile!
Support Local Businesses
Wyndham is home to more than 17,000 businesses and most of those are small businesses. Buying local not only helps businesses, it helps our neighbours. As local businesses continue to adapt to the conditions, we can help by supporting them when and how we can.
- Explore online shopping options with local retailers or buy gift vouchers to use later.
- Buy your fresh food from local grocers, butchers, bakeries and farmers.
- Support you favourite food businesses and stay safe by using delivery, take-away and online orders.
- Follow local businesses on social media using #wyndhamopen and visit the Wyndham Open directory for an updated listing of businesses at www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/wyndhamopen
We’re social beings and its normal to feel lonely when self-isolating. While we can’t get together in the ways that we normally would, there are still plenty of things we can do to stay connected.
- Check in with family, friends and workmates through phone, email and social media and use video technology if you have it – maybe that’s reading a book to the grandkids over Skype, a virtual coffee date or family facetime on your mobile phone.
- Think creatively about how you can connect with others while being safe. Could you chat to your neighbours from over a fence or across balconies?
- Get creative with ‘virtual gatherings’ – tune in to a favourite TV show or movie together and message each other your thoughts along the way.
- Take part in free online community classes and events at www.wyndhamtogether.com.au
- Join a local neighbourhood, or suburb facebook group and check in with the members of classes, clubs and groups you’d normally attend.