Practical tips and skills from Wyndham Youth Services to help parents and carers tune in to young people.
To be able to give the best of yourself, to your family, you need to first take time for you.
We know this is easier said than done, so we wanted to give you a few tips.
Do your best to try one of these things each day, even if it’s only for 10 minutes:
- Going for a walk with a friend or someone you live with (while adhering to social distancing requirements)
- Take your opportunities to exercise. There are lots of free online workouts at www.wyndhamtogether.com.au
- Practice gratitude. Write down 3 things each day that you are grateful for
- Take time to be alone doing something that feels good for you.
- Start reading that book you have been wanting to read
- Take a bath
- Facetime with friends or family
We encourage you to add to this list!
Remember that your health & wellbeing is just as important as those you care for.