Oh baby it’s cold outside! This wintry weather may have you feeling a little chilly but this fast, simple soup from Head Chef at Encore Events Centre, Luciano will fill your tummy and warm you up!
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 75g ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1L (4 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup (85g) sour cream
- 2 tbs finely chopped dill
- 1/3 cup (50g) toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place pumpkin, ginger and garlic on a large baking tray and drizzle with oil. Season, then toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft (don’t let the garlic burn).
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor with 2 cups (500ml) stock, then season. If there are lumps, strain through a fine sieve. Place soup in a large saucepan with remaining 2 cups (500ml) stock and warm over medium-low heat.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls, top with sour cream and serve with dill and nuts.