Nothing is as perfect on a wintery Sunday as a roast chicken dinner. If you’ve ever been nervous about roasting the perfect chicken, then this recipe from Encore Events Centre Head Chef Luciano, for you. This one pan cook is so simple, it will be ready in an hour!
- 1 whole free-range chicken
- 3 large carrots
- 2 large washed potatoes
- 1 large brown onion diced large
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 whole lemon
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees for conventional or 160 degrees for fan forced.
- Peel carrots and cut into large pieces. Cut potatoes to approximately the same size, peel onions and dice into large pieces and place all together in a large bowl. Season your vegetables with a finely chopped sprig of rosemary, smashed garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper. Place the vegetables onto your roasting rack, ready for the chicken.
- Once you have removed your chicken from the packaging, pat dry using paper towel. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper – including the cavity. Stuff the chicken with a chopped-up lemon and smashed garlic.
- Truss the chicken and coat with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Place on the rack with your prepared vegetables and place in your preheated oven for 1 hour or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve all your roasted vegetables and chicken on the one dish. Pour all of those glorious pan juices over top of the meat and serve with roasted lemon and garlic alongside. Enjoy!!!