Winter never tasted so good! This crumbly, baked goodness from Encore Events Centre Head Chef Luciano is a great family treat on a cold Winter’s night! Served warm with a good dollop of cream, custard or ice cream. Where could you possibly go wrong?!
- 5 William pears
- 1 lemon, halved
- 125g pitted dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) coconut sugar
- 75g unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup (50g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 1/2 cup (70g) slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Peel and core the pears, rubbing the flesh with half a lemon to prevent them from going brown. Cut into thin wedges, then place in a 22cm round baking dish. Add the dates, 1 tbs coconut sugar, juice from remaining lemon half and 2 tbs water, and toss well to coat. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, to make crumble, combine butter, flour, almond meal, almonds, cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup (35g) coconut sugar in a bowl. Remove foil from baking dish and stir pears to coat in syrup. Sprinkle crumble over pear mixture, then return to oven and bake, uncovered, for a further 20 minutes or until crumble is dark golden and pears are tender.
- Serve warm with cream, ice-cream or custard!