This gluten-free orange cake is deliciously rich and amazingly moist. It’s a great way to use some of the amazing in-season oranges at the moment and is perfect for either a dessert, morning tea, or afternoon tea.
- 2 large oranges
- 5 large eggs
- 1 & ½ cups caster sugar
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ tsp bicarb soda
- First, place the oranges in a pot and fill with water. Boil until very soft (1-2 hours). Try to make sure the oranges remain covered with water.
- Drain the water and blitz the oranges until they’re like a puree. Put to the side and allow the puree to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 180°C, also line a 25cm spring-form pan with baking paper.
- In a mixer, whip together the caster sugar and egg until it’s thick and pale.
- Combine the almond meal and bicarb soda, then fold into the egg mixture with the orange mix.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve & Enjoy