Self-care is important, not only for us but for our friends and family too.
Sometimes it can be tricky to spot mental health concerns in yourself and others.
With R U OK? DAY coming up here are some tips on how to spot mental health problems.
- Feeling sad or down
- Confused thinking
- Reduced ability to concentrate
- Withdrawal from friends
- Low energy or problems sleeping
- Excessive anger
- Detachment from reality
- Problems with alcohol or drug use
- Major changes in eating habits
- Inability to cope with daily problems or stress
- Suicidal thinking
If you would like some more information around mental health problems, join us for an information session on Monday 7 September.
Wyndham City counselling services are available online, this link will take you to the online referral form: Counselling Support
Remember it’s just as important to ask yourself ‘R U OK?’ as it is to ask a friend.