Want to learn more about recycling, composting and how to reduce your impact on the planet?
This year, Wyndham City’s free waste education program, Waste Watchers, is going online. Become a waste expert without even leaving your home.
Waste Watchers is aimed at those who aren’t confident about their recycling and composting practices, however, is also great for experienced waste managers looking to brush up on their knowledge.
This is a free five-week program with one-hour online sessions each Wednesday evening at 7:30pm, starting 17 June.
This five-week online course will educate you on waste and recycling in Wyndham, through a mixture of online resources, information and videos.
By the end of the five weeks you will:
- Understand what can and can’t be placed in your kerbside bins
- Know what materials are recyclable/compostable and where to take them
- Have reduced your waste to landfill
- Have reduced your recycling/compost contamination
- Understand ‘Reduce & Reuse’ and have reduced your total household waste
Everyone is welcome so sign up, save the dates with your family or housemates and tune in for all your waste education needs.
Week 1: General Waste (17 June)
Week 2: Kerbside Recyclables (24 June)
Week 3: Organic Waste (1 July)
Week 4: Other Recyclables (8 July)
Week 5: Reusing and reducing (15 July)