In conjunction with Sustainable Gardening Australia, City West Water proudly presents ‘Water smart gardening’.
About this event
Ever wondered how to reduce the amount of water used by the garden and lost from the garden while maximizing all the environmental and health benefits that water delivers?
This water smart gardening webinar will teach you some nifty water saving tips to help you use the least amount of water to achieve the maximum outcome for a beautiful garden!
Water is critical to a garden’s success but gardeners need to be mindful about how it is used. Australia is the driest habitable continent in the world and water availability has always been constrained, but as the climate changes we need to take even more care with how we capture and use water. The more steps we can take to conserve water, while maintaining healthy and productive trees and gardens, the more secure our sources of water will be into the future.
– Smart design options and choices that reduce water usage
– The role of garden zones and plant selection in water smart gardening
– Characteristics of indigenous and exotic plants that love dry climates
– The important role of soil in a water smart garden and how you to improve soil’s water holding capacity
– Meaningful mulch – types, how, when, pros and cons
– Capture and storage of rain water
– Grey water – opportunities and what to be aware of