Wyndham City’s Youth Services, funded by Engage!, wants people aged 12 – 25 to share their skills, creativity, and knowledge.
We’re after videos, photos and written pieces that showcase what you are passionate about. From Wednesday 15 July 2020 – Wednesday 2 September 2020 we will select three winners each week and share their entries on Instagram.
Each winner will receive $200 for their creation.
What kind of skills? Anything! Whatever you’re passionate about is what we’re looking for. Here are some examples, but the sky is the limit!
- Performance (eg. dancing, playing music)
- Sharing a recipe
- Spoken word poetry
- A poem
- DIY videos
- Tutorials (eg. makeup, gardening)
- Sharing information about something that is important to you (eg. what IDAHOBIT day means, what your family does during Ramadan etc).
We are looking for any of the following:
- Diversity (e.g. cultural, racial, sex and gender, ability, identity)
- Aesthetically pleasing photos and videos (e.g. photos and videos that look good!)
- Entertainment (e.g. music, art, poetry)
Videos should be taken in portrait orientation. Videos need to:
- be between 15 and 60 seconds long;
- be in .avi, .mov or .mp4 format;
- have a minimum frame of 30 FPS; and
- have a minimum resolution of 720 pixels.
Photographs should be taken in square orientation and need to be in .gif, .jpeg, .png or .svg format. If you are submitting a series of photographs, you can submit up to 10 photographs in your entry.
Written pieces need to be 250 words or less and in .doc, .docx, .pdf or .txt format. All entries must be 64mb or less in total file size.
Entries are now open and close at 5pm on Tuesday 1 September 2020.
What if you need help with your captions and grammar?
You can contact Katie from Laverton Youth Foundation on
0487 905 979 or email to [email protected]. Katie will be able to help you with your captions and/or grammar only.