In the first edition of the Vegie Head plant-based cooking workshop series, author and chef Adele McConnell, showed us how to make Almond Milk.
In this edition, Adele shares a delicious almond pulp vanilla cookie recipe that uses up the pulp.
Like they say one man’s almond pulp is another man’s almond pulp vanilla cookie!
Almost 65% of the food Victorian households throw away could have been eaten, so let’s get creative with our food waste and not let it go to waste.
Love Food Hate Waste also has some great ideas and recipes to turn leftovers into delicious meals!
- 1 cup leftover almond pulp
- 1 cup flour of choice
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup olive or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180C, and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In large bowl, mix your almond pulp, flour and sugar together.
- Add your oil, almond butter, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well.
- Using a spoon, scoop out a tablespoon of mix and drop it onto your baking tray, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and spring back when you touch them.
- Store for up to a week in an airtight container or freeze individually.